This is an opportunity to use AGX to buy Carbon Offset Credits at 8 AGX per ton, to help avoid the worst effects of climate change.
Climate Neutral Now is an initiative launched by UN Climate Change in 2015 to encourage everyone in society to take action to help achieve a climate neutral world by mid-century, as enshrined in the Paris Agreement.
To avoid the worst effects of climate change, science tells us that we must limit global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius, or a maximum of 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels, which is also the central goal of the Paris Agreement. To achieve this objective, relying solely on governmental action will not be sufficient. We all have a role to play.
We have already reached 1.1 degrees Celsius of global warming. We could reach 1.5 by 2030. We need urgent action! What can you do?
Climate Neutral Now invites organizations, governments and citizens to work towards global climate neutrality by addressing their own climate footprint through a 3-step method:
1. Measure their greenhouse gas emissions. also called the carbon footprint;
2. Reduce them as much as possible through their own actions; and
3. Compensate those which cannot be currently avoided by using UN certified emission reductions (CERs), a type of carbon credit.
CERs are carbon credits generated by climate-friendly projects vetted by the UNFCCC following rules approved at intergovernmental level and with international oversight, providing a high level of credibility. By buying credits to compensate one's unavoidable emissions, one:
- Rewards these projects located in developing countries and encourages the development of new ones;
- Helps bring sustainable development benefits to communities, such as improved air and water quality, improved income, improved health, reduced energy consumption and much more;
- Contributes to the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Makes a difference for the future!
- UN SDGs
Why join Climate Neutral Now?
Join a growing group of leading organizations and individuals to incentivize behavioral changes which in turn will drive the change within their industries and networks, helping align them with the Sustainable Development Goals. Become a leader and support society to succeed against this challenge.
Use this opportunity to apply one of the tools we have available to support climate action at global level: the carbon markets. By doing this you provide incentive for further emission reductions, support the development of a price on carbon, and give a clear signal to industry and policy makers that climate action is necessary.
Finally, take responsibility NOW for the emissions that you cannot currently avoid. Try to reduce your emissions as much as possible, and keep continuously trying to reduce them, but compensate those that you have not been able to eliminate.